Saturday, February 16, 2008

Eames Molded Plywood Chair

6 roundup


The Eames family rounds out our chair roundup with four of the six entries. Designed in 1946, the Eames Molded Plywood Chair has been called “The Most Famous Chair of The Century.” This chair’s natural contours are designed to fit the body comfortably. Herman Miller still produces this chair.

What else can be said about the most famous chair of the century? This chair showcases all the talent of Charles and Ray Eames the classic lines of this chair are without peer.

An original Eames Molded Plywood Chair has a list price of $649. If you look you will find better deals and they are often available used. There is no knock-off that matches the quality of the original.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

An original is orignal and yes I have seen some pretty horirble knock offs. I did score myself a great one recently, which i definately recommend for those who cant get their hands on an orignal. http://www.inmod.com/eamopldich.html
Great quality and accurate design at a steal of price.

Ashely said...

"Hello,

I'd appreciate if you can give me some feedback on our site: www.regencyshop.com
I realize that you are a bar stools connoisseur :) I'd like to hear your opinion/feedback on our bar stools. Also, it'd be swell if you can place our bar stools link on your blog.

Thank you,
Ashley
ashley@regencyshop.com"